About Wagner, maurice, davidson, and zook
Wagner, Maurice, Davidson & Zook Co., LPA is an AV Preeminent rated law firm which was established in 1946 by attorneys Vance Brand and Clifford R. Wagner. Vance Brand had previously practiced law in Urbana and in Washington D.C., where he served under President Eisenhower as Executive director of Export-Import Bank and as Director of the World Development Fund. Clifford Wagner, originally from Cincinnati, came to Urbana after five years of service with the United States Army during World War II. Upon settling in Urbana, Wagner joined Brand to establish the firm at its current location of 117 W Court Street in Urbana. The firm is now the oldest continuously operating firm in Champaign County and remains active to this day at its original location.
For nearly 75 years of existence, the firm has been providing legal services to individual and business clients in Urbana, Champaign County, and the surrounding areas. During that time the firm has produced several judges which have served in Champaign County: the Honorable Clifford R. Wagner, former judge of the Champaign County Municipal Court, the Honorable Roger B. Wilson, former judge of the Champaign County Common Pleas Court, the Honorable Donald L. Dodd, former judge of the Champaign County Common Pleas Probate Division, and the Honorable Brett A. Gilbert, currently a judge of the Champaign County Common Pleas Family Court.